My Sullivan Family's Port of New York Arrival

Yesterday I found my Great-Grandpa Tim SULLIVAN, 2nd Great-Grandpa John SULLIVAN, and my 2nd Great-Grandma Margaret (nee HERBERT) Sullivan in the Port of New York Arrival Records. Traveling with them were my great-uncles, John and Michael SULLIVAN, and my great-aunts, Mary, Margaret, and Hanora "Nora" SULLIVAN. They traveled from Queenstown, Ireland, to New York, New York, arriving on July 31, 1891. They were passengers on the RMS Britannic (1874-1903), also known as the SS Britannic

They arrived during a time where immigration services were transitioning from Castle Clinton on the southern tip if Manhattan to Ellis Island. If I were to guess, I would say they came through Ellis, but I am struggling to find a definitive answer.

Their destination was listed as Chicago. The oldest of John SULLIVAN's children, Patrick, had arrived in the U.S. a few years earlier. I am still trying to establish exactly when he, Nellie, and Daniel SULLIVAN immigrated and where they were living when the rest of the family arrived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walter C. Blue, Hollywood Undertaker

Visiting Pullman National Historic Park & My Ancestors' Footsteps

Let Me Introduce Myself...